Derek Gracey is a practice leader at Charles Aris Executive Search with a functional focus on human capital. He specializes in placing A-level human resources and talent leaders with organizations throughout corporate America and the private equity industry.
Derek grew up in small-town, rural Pennsylvania before moving to North Carolina in 2013 to pursue a master’s degree in opera and voice performance at the University of North Carolina Greensboro. He then made a pivot into the world of executive search, joining Charles Aris in 2015, and quickly took an interest in the human capital function.
Derek lives in Greensboro, North Carolina with his wife, Jordan, and their dogs, Beesly (Irish Setter) and Bonnie (English Setter). They enjoy traveling the world, spending time at Topsail Beach and watching “The Office” reruns more times than you could imagine.
- How to develop your junior team members in a remote environment
- Middle market, middle management: The secret driver of the business
- Leadership, the first step to transforming your talent acquisition team
- Four talent trends we’re expecting in 2022
- Staying focused through the holiday haze
- The not-so-remote human resources leader
- You found the perfect candidate. Now what?
- When should you turn to an executive search firm to handle your hiring needs?
- Employee retention: A recruiter’s perspective
- The private equity portfolio CHRO: A value creation driver
- Rise of the human capital function
- How to hire an HR executive during a pandemic
- Best practices for working with recruiters: Help us help you
- Derek Gracey earns promotion to associate practice leader
- Charles Aris team members complete fall career-fair circuit
Charles Aris newsletters
"I'm very pleased with where we landed on this important role for our Chemical division. I've enjoyed working with Charles Aris. It takes great teamwork to get great results!"
— Hiring authority at a leading Fortune 500 company in the manufacturing sector