Ashlee Wagner is a vice president who leads the firm’s Financial Services recruiting practice across banking, insurance, wealth management, credit card, payments and fintech clients.
As a leading member of the Strategy & Corporate Development practice, Ashlee primarily focuses on recruiting current and former management consultants from Bain & Company; The Boston Consulting Group; McKinsey & Company; and other top-tier consulting firms, into various functional roles.
Ashlee holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Prior to joining Charles Aris, Ashlee worked for State Farm Insurance with a focus on auto, home, life and health insurance as well as banking products.
Ashlee has a passion for helping others and spending time with friends and family. Outside of work, she enjoys checking off her bucket list and traveling to new places with her husband, John; spending time with their dogs, Marley and Riley; and supporting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
2021 Strategy Consulting Compensation Study: Over the course of Q4 2020, Charles Aris team members surveyed more than 2,280 people, 1,052 of whom are current strategy consultants. More than half of those individuals are current Big Three consultants for McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group and Bain & Company. All compensation points were collected anonymously and in compliance with pay equity laws currently in effect around the United States and U.S. territories. We’re confident that this report will serve as a useful resource as you address your organization’s mission-critical hiring needs and manage your own career trajectory. Please reach out to any member of our Strategy & Corporate Development recruiting practice to learn more. Download the study today.
2021 Former Strategy Consultant Compensation Study: While collecting data for our annual Strategy Consulting Compensation Data, we had 1,192 former strategy consultants fill out the anonymous survey – laying the foundation for our second-annual Former Consultant Compensation Study. Our search team constantly refines a network of more than 73,000 current and former consultants, placing strategy and corporate development leaders in roles ranging from Analyst to Director to Chief Strategy Officer. Download the report today.
2020 Mid-Year Offer Report: During the first half of 2020, Charles Aris coordinated more than 45 offers to strategy consultants. This report includes a sampling of the offers and the subsequent results. Each offer includes five components: title, base salary, equity, annual bonus and sign-on. Also included is the type of entity extending the offer, as well as the consulting firm at which the candidate was employed.
The Anatomy of a Chief Strategy Officer: The Charles Aris Strategy & Corporate Development team has released The Anatomy of a Chief Strategy Officer. This report analyzes the backgrounds and experiences of CSOs (or the seniormost Strategy leaders) across the Fortune 500. We gathered data for this report through a combination of publicly available sources including company websites and LinkedIn, along with live conversations with the Chief Strategy Officers themselves. The 2020 Fortune 500 list was used, and all industry markers were pulled directly from Fortune’s website. Download your copy.
- Black History Month reflections
- Is the holiday season the right time to launch your job search?
- Charles Aris Inc. promotes Ashlee Wagner to vice president
- In the Spotlight with Alfredo Sciascia, Liberty Mutual strategy executive
- In the Spotlight with Greg Pappas, Managing Director at Berkshire Partners
- The Power of LinkedIn (Part II): How to use it effectively in an active job search
- The Power of LinkedIn (Part I): Why it remains important for pros everywhere
- New pay equity legislation and how it affects you
- Ashlee Wagner earns promotion to practice leader at Charles Aris Inc.
- How will staying for my next promotion affect my ability to land a bigger role?
- Generalized vs. specialized consultants: Which do financial service firms need?
- What to consider when selling a career opportunity to a top strategy consultant
- Hiring top-tier strategy consultants: what is important for financial services firms?
- How an Amazon bank could change the face of financial services
- Ashlee Wagner honored as member of Triad Business Journal’s 40 Under Forty
- How heavily should you weigh industry when making a career change?
- Charles Aris team members complete fall career-fair circuit
- The four reasons A-players change jobs: People work for people
- Spotlight: With a strong work ethic and results to match, Ashlee Wagner is dialed in
- The four reasons A-players change jobs
- The second most popular question consultants ask Charles Aris
Charles Aris newsletters
"I really enjoyed working with the CAI team. They took the time to get to know us and what we needed in the role. The network you have is something we can’t replicate. So is the credibility you bring when you reach out to folks. By working with CAI, we got strong potential candidates that were 100 times better than what we could have done on our own.”
- VP of Strategy of Publicly Traded Real Estate Investment Trust