Ashlee Wagner is a practice leader who leads our Financial Services practice across banking, insurance, wealth management, credit card, payments and fintech clients. Ashlee primarily focuses on Strategy & Corporate Development roles, recruiting current and former management consultants from Bain & Company, The Boston Consulting Group and McKinsey & Company, as well as other top-tier consulting firms.
Ashlee holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Prior to joining Charles Aris, Ashlee worked for State Farm Insurance with a focus on auto, home, life and health insurance as well as banking products.
2019 Former Strategy Consultant Compensation Study: While collecting data for our annual Strategy Consulting Compensation Data, we had 580 former strategy consultants fill out the anonymous survey – marking the start of our first-ever Former Consultant Compensation Study. Our search team constantly refines a network of more than 73,000 current and former consultants, placing strategy and corporate development leaders in roles ranging from Analyst to Director to Chief Strategy Officer. Download the report today.
2019 Strategy Consulting Compensation Study: Over the course of Q4 2018, Charles Aris team members surveyed more than 1,480 people, 528 of whom are current strategy consultants. More than half of those individuals are current Big Three consultants for McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group and Bain & Company. All compensation points were collected anonymously and in compliance with pay equity laws currently in effect around the United States and U.S. territories. We’re confident that this report will serve as a useful resource as you address your organization’s mission-critical hiring needs and manage your own career trajectory. Please reach out to any member of our Strategy & Corporate Development recruiting practice to learn more. Download the study today.
2018 Mid-Year Offer Report: During the first half of 2018, Charles Aris coordinated more than 45 offers to strategy consultants. This report includes a sampling of the offers and the subsequent results. Each offer includes five components: title, base salary, equity, annual bonus and sign-on. Also included is the type of entity extending the offer, as well as the consulting firm at which the candidate was employed.
- In the Spotlight with Greg Pappas, Managing Director at Berkshire Partners
- The Power of LinkedIn (Part II): How to use it effectively in an active job search
- The Power of LinkedIn (Part I): Why it remains important for pros everywhere
- New pay equity legislation and how it affects you
- Ashlee Wagner earns promotion to practice leader at Charles Aris Inc.
- How will staying for my next promotion affect my ability to land a bigger role?
- Generalized vs. specialized consultants: Which do financial service firms need?
- What to consider when selling a career opportunity to a top strategy consultant
- Hiring top-tier strategy consultants: what is important for financial services firms?
- How an Amazon bank could change the face of financial services
- Ashlee Wagner honored as member of Triad Business Journal’s 40 Under Forty
- How heavily should you weigh industry when making a career change?
- Charles Aris team members complete fall career-fair circuit
- The four reasons A-players change jobs: People work for people
- Spotlight: With a strong work ethic and results to match, Ashlee Wagner is dialed in
- The four reasons A-players change jobs
- The second most popular question consultants ask Charles Aris
Charles Aris newsletters
“I think Charles Aris has a niche in strategy – you have your pulse on what is going on. Very thorough process. If I saw something wonky in someone’s resume, I would ask you all and you would have a good answer. Ashlee was really on top of things. She did a good job of always keeping me informed. There was always work being done.”
- Vice President of Strategy at a private equity backed financial services company